Mine No. 8 Shaft
Silver Mine, 1906-1920 (re-opened for a time in the 1950’s)
The Lawson Mine was built on the site of the famed “Silver Sidewalk”,
a rich surface vein of silver that was smooth enough to walk upon. The original
silver sidewalk vein is purported to have run at a spectacular 20,000 ounces
of silver to the ton. The Lawson Mine reached a depth of 410 feet.